Hog Island is part of the Todd Wildlife Sanctuary, which includes 30 acres of woods and meadows on the mainland, as well as the 330-acre Hog Island located 1/4 mile offshore. On the mainland there are three interpretive trails, a seasonal visitor's center and a public parking area. Project Puffin has their summer field offices and visitor center on the mainland.
For information, and details about how to get to and from the Portland airport, please refer to this printable pdf with bus, train and limo services. Advance reservations are necessary for the limo shuttle service between the Portland airport and the camp. For additional questions on getting to the camp and nearby hotels and attractions, visit the Frequently Asked Questions page.
For driving directions enter your starting address to generate online directions that you can view or print. Please use our physical address: 12 Audubon Road, Brmen, Maine to navigate.
- Portland International Jetport (PWM) is approximately 1½ hours from Bremen, Maine by car. From the airport you may travel by bus to Damariscotta (where we will pick you up and drop you off) or by limo directly to the boat dock.
- Logan International Airport (BOS) is approximately 3 hours from Bremen by car. From Logan Airport, Concord Coach Lines has one bus a day to and from Damariscotta, Maine with a departure of 11:30 a.m. and arrival of 3:30 p.m.. Check your options; combined cost of airfare to Boston and the bus to Damariscotta may be less than a flight to Portland and the 1½ hour limo.
- Manchester Boston Regional Airport (MHT) is also approximately 3 hours from Bremen, and some people have found cheaper flights by flying through Manchester than Portland.
NOTE: Advance reservations are recommended (as soon as you book your flights). Have your flight information ready when making the reservation. There is no discount for round-trip purchase.
- Country Coach Charters
Prices: Varies by number of passengers. Drop off is at the Audubon dock in Breman. Plan to arrive between 1 and 3 p.m. on your arrival day and pick up at approximately 8 a.m. on the day of your departure. Visit www.countrycoachcharters.com or call (207)-380-7201.
Twin Village Taxi offers 24/7 transportation throughout Lincoln County and beyond. Fare from Damariscotta to the camp dock in Bremen is ~$15. Portland to/from Damariscotta is $90. Call (207) 380-0050.
- Concord Coach Lines services Coastal Route 1 in Maine and has a stop in Damariscotta, where we will pick you up in the camp van. If you begin your trip on Greyhound or another bus line, you must switch to Concord Coach Lines in Boston or Portland to catch the bus. In Boston, service begins at either Logan Airport or South Station.
Prices: Online ticket purchases are available. Plan to arrive at least an 30 minutes before departure to ensure a seat on the bus.
Schedule: There is one bus to and from Damariscotta each day. To Damariscotta: Depart Boston 11:30 a.m., depart Portland Transportation Center at 2 p.m.. Arrival at 3:30 p.m. at Waltz Pharmacy, Main Street. From Damariscotta: Depart Waltz Pharmacy at 9:35 a.m., arrive Portland 11 a.m., arrive Boston 1:25 p.m.. A taxi to/from Portland airport and the Portland transportation center is $8 taxi (allow 15 min).
Contact: 1-800-639-3317 or www.concordcoachlines.com.
- Amtrak Downeaster has 5 trains/day between Boston and Portland, Maine. Travel time is 2½ hours and drop-off in Portland is at the Portland Transportation Center (100 Thompson’s Point Road).
Prices vary based on time of day and peak travel periods. Book in advance for best rates. You may purchase tickets online, over the phone, from stations, from a travel agent or by mail but not onboard.
Schedule: Hours differ between weekdays and weekends. Check online for current information. Transportation to/from the Portland Transportation Center and Portland airport is $8 taxi (allow 15 min).
Contact: 1-800-USA-RAIL or www.amtrakdowneaster.com